Monday, September 10, 2012

making cupcakes for our little boy

I did absolutely nothing to commemorate the revealing of Lena's gender, so I'm not sure why I decided to make it a big deal this time.  Maybe it was because we really were hoping it was a boy and maybe it was because Elliott said if we end up with three girls then we're adopting a boy.  I know, I know, we only have one girl so far, but I was already feelin' the pressure.

My friend Mary here in Sicily made cupcakes to announce the gender of her baby girl.  I looked for other fun ideas (piñatas filled with blue confetti, opening a box full of blue helium balloons) and finally decided, "Who am I kidding?  I love cake and frosting.  Let's make cupcakes."  Also, our beloved Arthur family was going to come over for playtime, dinner, and dessert that night, and I knew the kids would enjoy eating through sugar to find out if they will have a new boy or girl for a companion sometime next year.

Oh, and one more thing.  Making cupcakes with a 1-year-old is no joke, folks.  There were tantrums, time outs, and more sugar consumed by both of us than I care to mention.  Don't try this at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

let's have a conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...