Wednesday, September 12, 2012

last granite of this Sicilian summer


Yesterday my friend Becca commented that our favorite biscotteria in town would stop selling granite (previously mentioned here and here) at the end of the week, so we ought to hie ourselves over there for one last granite date before the end of the summer.

This morning over our cereal I made the mistake of telling Lena that we were going on a walk to get granite with Miss Becca, all exciting buzzwords for my little girl.  She decided she was done with breakfast right then and there.  She ran to get both her shoes and mine.

Since we had awhile to kill before our granite date, Lena and I wandered through our town, enjoying the fresh morning air and taking a few photos of our favorite scenes.  Enjoy!
 street signs on a corner 
& the steep hills of our town

 a book helps when the walks get long 
& how I love my cinquecenti


  parents and grandparents stop for an espresso at the drink kiosk ("chiosco") after dropping their kids off at school 
& I wish I could grow a vine like that over our doorway

 we love Miss Becca! 
& "fragola e limone, per favore" (strawberry and lemon, please)

 all gone! (can you see the faded marks of those horrible mosquito bites on her arms... 3 weeks later?)
& "it's okay when the adults talk because Miss Becca lets me play with her phone"

 We stopped in our town's pet store on the way home to admire lizards & mice...

... and birds & whole buckets full of tiny little turtles!

We love you, Italy.

6 comments:

  1. oh my word please bring a turtle home for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, and you two, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the excited Lena face. She's growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you love Italy! You make me love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You live an a beautiful place! My husband and I hope to travel abroad in the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to come check out your blog since you were the first commenter on my new blog! Your little girl is beautiful and what an incredible setting! We have matching strollers too I noticed! I have the double seat addition and love it! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...