From the moment my friend Sarah learned I was pregnant with my second baby, she wanted to throw me a baby shower. During the course of planning the shower, I sent her a few ideas ("This invitation is cute!" or "Can I bring something Italian-themed for the food?") and she turned them into something more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. The invitations were adorable, the food was a vibrantly fresh and deliciously cheesy Italian spread, and the cupcakes and strawberry gelato (!) were to die for. And we did a book theme! Children's books, friends, and Italian food... could it be more wonderful?
Sarah also planned the sweetest craft. She printed off pages that each had one letter of the alphabet. Each guest took a page and drew an object that started with the letter on their page. They would then write the name of the object and sign their name. When we had all 26 letters, we put them into a scrapbook and I took home an ABC book for my baby boy. I discovered we have some amazing artists in our midst (I am not one of them... my watermelon is lopsided and has purple seeds) and completely love this darling little book!
Enjoy the eye candy of a gorgeous baby shower. I love these photographs, the memories, and the joy captured here. Thank you, sweet friends!
Heather gave me Peek-a Who and thoroughly enjoyed it when I read it aloud to the group!
Can you tell someone is a fabulous 1st Grade teacher?
Just in case you book lovers are curious, these are the books my guests gave my baby boy. See any favorites of yours? I can't wait to share them with our little bambino... and our little bambina Lena, too!
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein (someone was reading my blog this week)
- Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey (make that two people!)
- Harold and the Purple Crayon and Harold's Trip to the Sky by Crockett Johnson
- Blue Hat, Green Hat and Doggies by Sandra Boynton
- The Elephant's Pillow by Diana Reynolds Roome
- Peek-a Who by Nina Laden
- Only One Woof by James Herriot
- Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Go Dog Go by P.D. Eastman
- Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss
- Read-Aloud Rhymes for the Very Young by Jack Prelutsky
Check back later today for Making Room's first blog giveaway!!!