Friday, September 14, 2012

a picture an hour

I took a picture an hour (or almost) last week, the same day that I filmed Lena "discovering" she was going to have a baby brother by mixing up blue frosting.  I realized as I put this post together what a fun record this is of an ordinary day in our home.  Well, okay, it's not every day that you are celebrating that you are going to have a son!  But in other ways this day was completely ordinary and filled with things that make up the pattern of our lives right now, like Lena's Raisin Bran in the morning (3 bowls, please, with extra raisins), playtime with her new IKEA stacking toy, her nap times while I work on projects around the house, summer afternoons on the porch splashing in her little pool, and lots of play time and meals with our beloved Arthur family.  Someday I will look back on this post and say, "Oh, there is Elliott in his Army PT clothes... back when he was still in the Army!" (although will I say this in 5 years or 20, I don't know) or, "Did that toy really once look that new?"or, "Wow, their kids have grown up since then!  I'm glad we still know and love them."  (Because I truly hope we do.)

Funny to think of the future.  Sweet to savor the present.

Enjoy a few snapshots of the rest of the day, including some more behind the scenes about how those cupcakes came into being... and then were rapidly consumed (by me).

  7 o'clock

  8 o'clock

 9 o'clock (welcome home from running a 5K, Daddy!)

 10 o'clock (time for a nap)

 11 o'clock (putting together my new Home Management Binder, more about this in a later post)

 12 o'clock

 1 o'clock (want to share some frosting with me?)

2 o'clock 

 3 o'clock 

 4 o'clock (admiring my baby boy)

5 o'clock (playtime with friends)

 6 o'clock onwards (homemade Indian spice chicken burgers and chocolate cupcakes with friends)


(otherwise known as: I struggle to participate in conversation as I stuff my face with cupcake... s)

Happy Friday, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Love love love your gender reveal cupcakes! Congratulations! I can't wait to read more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! And congrats on your new addition. Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, all! I need to do this again. It would be fun to do it while home in the States as our lives are SO different here and would make another great memory for us down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I like the taking a photo every hour. I might have to do that. (:
    And your little girl looks a lot like mine! Except my girl has big brown eyes instead of blue. (:

    ReplyDelete

let's have a conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...