Tuesday, May 8, 2012

my sweet tooth hurts


For some crazed reason I decided that for the month of May I would not eat any sweets.  It seemed like a good idea... eight days ago.  Now it's all I can think about.  Seriously.  Not an hour goes by of each day (for at least the past three days) where I am not thinking of some delicious sugary thing I would love to consume.  Like...
  • the above hot fudge brownie sundae
  • a red velvet cupcake
  • a Hershey's kiss
  • a salted caramel cupcake
  • chocolate chip cookie dough
  • a banana cream cupcake
  • a McDonald's McFlurry with M&Ms
  • basically any kind of cupcake
The idea was to curb my craving for sweets.  Years ago my brother just randomly decided not to eat dessert and very immediately reported he had lost his taste for it.  In fact to this day he rarely eats dessert.  Unfortunately he is also almost a vegetarian and drinks green tea by the gallon.  Maybe I should have known: I can only aspire, I cannot attain.

Oh well.  Seven-and-a-half days down.  Twenty-three to go.  Wish me luck!

image via here

4 comments:

  1. Stick with it. You're just rounding that first bend. It's no big deal not to eat sweets for the first few days but about a week in, yes, it's all you can think about. Give it another week or so and you'll start to notice the cravings go down. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! Honestly I was starting to think I had some kind of obsession. :-/ I'll stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! i appreciate your honesty. i hope it IS getting better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I cut out sugar, I was basically hallucinating cupcakes for two weeks. And now I don't want them. I found it helped if I cut out everything with added sugar or artificial sweetener, like jelly. Now I eat a lot of dates. :-) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

let's have a conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...