image from a guest post I did for The Book of Love
Thanks to publishing my 2012 goals on my blog last year, they were on my mind a lot this year. And how did they go? Let's review. I wanted to:
- Sell 100 things in my Etsy store.
Update: I sold 58 items total... most of them fingerless gloves. I am excited to see that number but I still fell short of my goal. I've revised the number from 100 items to 50 items for 2013 and would like to surpass it this time!
- Study Italian for 30 min each day.
Oh this was a total flop. I think I actually sat down and cracked open books for about 30 minutes total this year. Never fear, this goal will be revised and updated for 2013.
- Do Bible study each day with Elliott.
Bible study happened almost every day. Elliott and I are days away from finishing the Read Through the Bible Program for Slackers and Shirkers for the second time in our marriage and are ready to move on to another Bible reading program for awhile. We're thinking of using Tabletalk Magazine to guide our daily devotions together, but no decisions just yet.
- Read a book a week for a total of 52 books this year.
- Eat and grocery shop locally.
Yep, definitely ate and shopped locally in 2012, although this is mostly for fresh food (vegetables, fruits, and fish); I still do most of my non-perishable shopping at the commissary on base. I shop locally during my weekly market shopping trips and by visiting the old man's general store in our town's piazza. As for eating out, though, we eat most of our meals at home and only eat at restaurants perhaps once every two weeks or so. With another baby on the way, I think we won't be dining out very often this coming year either! That's okay; it's a stage of life.
- Take some cooking classes and learn several Sicilian dishes.
I took a grand total of one cooking class last year and it was all about Thai food! Oh well. I have learned some more Sicilian dishes, though, mostly by word of mouth and observation. My hands-down favorite so far is Sicilian Blood Orange Salad.
- Travel around Italy and Europe.
We did travel a lot around Italy and Europe! We visited:
- Rome and the Balkans in January
- Agrigento, Sicily, in February
- France for a ski trip in March
- Malta in April
- Northern Italy, San Marino, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, and Lietchenstein on an epic road trip in May
- Virginia in June
- Crete in July
- Naples, the Amalfi Coast, and then later the Dolomite Mountains in August
- Noto, Sicily, and back to Virginia in September
- Mt Etna in October
- Cinque Terre in November
- ... and IKEA in December (because that place is a country all of its own)
- Be a more compassionate wife to Elliott.
- Teach and love Lena.
- Get better at this blogging thing!
Did you make any goals for 2012? Do you feel like you accomplished them? Looks like my successes were about on par with my flops.
I'll be back tomorrow with my goals for 2013!