Thursday, October 13, 2011

a weekend with the Greens

Over the long weekend at home in Virginia we stayed at my parents' house.  That house was full of joy and people that weekend with my grandparents in town from St. Louis and my sisters home from the University of Virginia.  My mom cooked up a feast on Saturday night and everyone came home for supper.

My sister Booie... er, Julia (those childhood nicknames!) made phenomenal chocolate torts with jam and fresh raspberries for dessert.  I think I had three!


Lena got so much sibling love. 




Snuggles from two (of her three, counting Elliott's side) UVA aunties.


And so much love from her Grammie and her GG (Great-Grammie).  Lena's rocking on all fours these days, ready to crawl!


Emily Ericson, a friend of ours who lives in our basement, came up to do a family photo shoot later that evening.  We're all together... Elliott's back from deployment, Lena is born, the girls are back from school, Eric came by for dinner, and my grandparents are visiting.  Quite a feat!


The next morning, while my wonderful hubby let me sleep in, he and Lena visited with my grandparents before church.  Lena's wearing the dress my mom and I made for her before she was born.


My favorite!


Four generations of Palmer women.  I remember taking a picture like this when I was about 10 and my GG was still alive.  Now it's Lena's turn!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful pictures with your Grammy...and everyone. Lena looks sweet in the dress too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...I know GG and GGrampie will be thrilled to see this post. I hope to be able to show it to them when I go to visit them next week, though it will be a trick to have their computer set up! I love all of the photos :-))

    ReplyDelete

let's have a conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...